- 2 pounds fresh asparagus (the thinner the stalks the better)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or really any citrus fruit
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or just kinda virgin olive oil is fine but it’s pretty rude to ask)
- ½ tablespoon ground sea salt (table salt is fine but not as fancy)
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (or if you value your time and scent 1 teaspoon from a jar of minced garlic)
- 3 ounces roughly shredded of fresh parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff …you animal)
- 3 green onions
Cut asparagus into bite size pieces and blanche it …no not the golden girl…I mean throw it in boiling water for just a couple of minutes until you can just barely poke a fork in it and then throw it in a pot of ice water to halt the cooking process.
Chop the green onions as thinly as possible set aside a small amount of the greenest prettiest chops for later
If you decided to get fresh garlic you need to chop it as finely as possible
In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Mix asparagus onions and garlic together with oil mixture.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese all over the top and then garnish with the set aside green onions
Serve as a side, a snack or mix with any protein to make a wonderful main course.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.