- Good olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. creamy Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 375° F
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat
Add the peppers and then cook until soft, about 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with the sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in the olives and basil, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Slice the baguette crosswise into 18 thin round slices. Brush the bread rounds lightly with olive oil on 1 side. Arrange them in rows, oil side up, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Top each toast round with a teaspoonful of the pepper mixture. Place 2 small pieces of Gorgonzola on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and warm through. Serve immediately.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.