- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and set aside.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken, cover pan, and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked thoroughly (or has reached an internal temp of 165°F).
While chicken is cooking, in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and continue sautéing until tomatoes skin starts to soften/wrinkle, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Set aside.
Once chicken has reached desired doneness, top the tops of each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella. Pour tomato mixture on top. Cover pan with lid once more and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes.
Lastly, drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.