- 4 pounds of fresh baby spinach (trust me it reduces like crazy)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped fine
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon ground sea salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup cream
In a large pot melt butter and toss in chopped green onions and garlic. Cook at medlow heat until onions are softened.
Pour in cream of mushroom soup and cook until the soup is starting to bubble and smooth
Slowly add in the spinach. Do not just dump the whole lot of spinach in all at once. When you have all the spinach in there, slowly add in 1 ½ cup of the cheese and the ½ cup of cream. Save the last ¼ cup of cheese for later.
When all of the spinach is added and reduced cook uncovered for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
Pour into a casserole dish and cover with the remaining cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 10 minutes. Then serve while still warm.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.