- 6 ears of corn in the hull
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or really any citrus fruit
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or just kinda virgin olive oil is fine but it’s pretty rude to ask)
- ½ tablespoon ground sea salt (table salt is fine but not as fancy)
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small scotch bonnet or habanero pepper
- Latex or rubber gloves…or someone elses hands…like that uncle that talks too much about politics
Cut the stalk end off of the ear of corn with a large sharp knife but leave the rest of the hull on the corn place in microwave for 3 minutes. Remove the corn from the microwave and squeeze the corn out of the hull it will slide out perfectly cooked and the hull will slide right off. Do this one at a time
Chop the pepper as thinly as possible ****USE GLOVES**** These peppers have the devil in them and you don’t want to get that mess in your eyes or well anywhere else.
In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and diced peppers
Roll the corn in the oil mixture
Place the corn on a very hot charcoal or gas grill just put it on there for a few minutes each side we’re not looking to cook it just give it a little sear
Serve as a side, a snack
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.