- olive oil (you’re going to need a lot of olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 crown rack of lamb (probably 2-3 lbs)
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
Cut the rack into single bone portions. Just carefully slice the lamb between the bones you will definitely need a sharp knife OR if you ask the grocers butcher nicely they may do it for you.
Meanwhile, chop the thyme and rosemary up pretty finely. Be sure to remove the herbs from the stems before you chop them up. Also chop the garlic OR..buy pre-chopped garlic. Mix the garlic, rosemary, thyme,parsley, lemon juice salt and pepper in a large bowl with about a ½ cup of olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
Take the lamb chops and place them into the oil and herb mixture cover and let sit at room temperature for about an hour
Warm the grill up….or just a cast iron skillet…or just a skillet. Get something really hot. You want to be sure your grill/cooking surface is very hot because you just want to get a quick sear. Lamb chops should be rare …you can eat lamb well done but you can also eat your shoe…we suggest you eat the rare lamb.
Once the grill is sizzling hot place the lamb chops on the grill for roughly 3-4 minutes each side.
Let rest for 5-8 minutes then serve.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.