- 1 large bunch of thin asparagus spears trim off the last 2 inches of the end of the stalk where it is typically a little discolored(this part is hard to chew)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 lemon
- Handful of chives chopped very fine
Preheat the oven to 425F
Take the asparagus and toss in a bowl with the garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil
Take the lemon and cut it in half cut 3 or 4 slices thinly off of the lemon and then squeeze one half of the lemon over the asparagus.
Place on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan and be sure to spread them out a little then put the lemon slices on top of them (this doesn’t add much but it does smell amazing and looks really cool when someone walks into the kitchen and says what’s that).
Bake for 10-12 minute or just until fork tender it’s better to undercook them than overcook them. Be sure to remove from heat while they are still bright green because they should have a slight crunch.
Remove from heat and stir very well, sprinkle the chives on top
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.