- 11 large Boston butt not Matt Damon and not a butt it’s a pork shoulder bone-in
- 1 large vidalia onion or 2 small ones or …any onion….or cabbage even
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1lb white mushroom, rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 6 ounces of root beer, or real beer….just nothing crazy like grape soda
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce (just whatever sauce you like…or if you are really bored and lonely make some yourself)
Get a large roasting pan and cut the onion in half and put it flat side down in the bottom of the roasting pan then pour in the root beer
Place the “BUTT” in the pan on top of the onions if there is any of the thick skin remove that but keep the fat and cook fat side up. Cut 5 x shaped incisions deep into the roast and put the garlic cloves into the incisions
Mix half the honey with the apple cider vinegar and pour all over the roast, then sprinkle the dry seasoning all over the roast
Preheat the oven to 275 and cook the roast for about 8 hours, after 8 hours remove the roast from the heat and pour the rest of the honey all over the roast and cook for another 2 hours or until the shoulder bone will just slide right out….when the bone slides right out ….slide it out and let the roast rest for at least 10 minutes then pull the meat apart and serve on a bun with barbecue sauce….or tacos, or flip flops, or in a soup …literally you can put this on anything and it will be great.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.