- 12 large sea scallops
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite pesto (you can make it homemade if you live outside the grasp of time)
- A few pinches sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 cup of orange juice (just enough to thin out the pesto
- 1 8 ounce package of mixed greens (optional)
- 2 medium avocados (optional)
- ½ stick of butter or margarine
Sear the scallops in the butter approximately 4 minutes per side. Do not wiggle them around let them dance and play their way. If you move them too much they won’t get a proper sear. Also you can always throw some mushrooms in the pan just to eat yourself and not let anyone else have any…as I did when taking these photos.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.