- 2-3 lbs beef chuck roast (look for bright red color and good marbling(little bits of white/fat) without big hunks of fat
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 2 12 oz cans of Dr. Pepper (or any non diet cola really but Dr. Pepper works great)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (this is an irrelevant measurement but it looks better doesn’t it)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or garlic salt or season salt…I think you get the hint any salt will do whatever makes you feel fancy
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch chives or green onions
- 6 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup beef broth (or the broth from the pot roast)
- ½ stick butter
- 1/pound dried wide egg noodles
Follow the Dr. Pepper Pot Roast Recipe found here. While the pot roast is cooling start the rest of the recipe. Or this is a fantastic usage for leftover pot roast. Cut the cooked and cooled roast in bite size pieces. It will be pretty much fall apart but cut it anyway.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.