- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups milk (whole is best)
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 ounce crustless bread torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 pound pasta (rigatoni preferred) cooked al dente and drained
- Butter for greasing pan
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter large rectangular baking dish.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add flour slowly, cook stirring frequently until well blended, about 3 mins.
Whisk in milk, stirring until thickened, about 5 mins. Whisk in tomato paste.
Add 1 1/2 cups of each cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt. pepper and cayenne.
In a small bowl mix breadcrumbs with melted butter and dash of salt.
In a large bowl, combine pasta and and cheese sauce. Pour into prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheeses and buttered bread crumbs. Bake until cheeses are golden and bubbly, about 40 mins. Let stand 10 mins before serving.
Call your doctor and admit that you’ve given up.
Sign Up to be a Tasting Partner!
Enter your email below and you will be the first to know about new wines, recipes, wine articles, and new additions to the Vastewine app.